[OM] Re: OT - anti virus / spyware programs

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - anti virus / spyware programs
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 18:33:21 -0700
I double what Chuck says.  I used NAV (Norton Anti Virus, later became
Symantec) until it got so bloated and resource hogging that my machine was
almost driven to a stop whenever I was opening a new file.  At work we used
McAfee, and had nothing but troubles with it all the time.  We use Sophos at
work now, it seems fine, but for some reason it shuts itself off every now
and then, something you don't want to see in an anti virus program, so I
would not recommend it.

Personally I don't trust free programs for keeping my machines virii free.
The program I started using once I gave up on NAV was F-Prot.  It has served
me well, is reasonably priced, even for multiple licenses.
http://www.f-prot.com/index.html