[OM] Re: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?

Subject: [OM] Re: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:05:10 -0300
Could someone more skilled than myself, explain theory and practice of
this technique ?

My scanner is a Nikon 4000ED. I used to scan each slide at the maximum
number of passes the machine is capable of, until I read Ken's post on
June 2 when he says five passes are more than enough. I don't think I
will change my habits, though :-)

But there are scans which are problematic, those slides which have
details in the shadows and careful adjustment of curves and luminosity
and USM don't seem to resolve accurately. I was thinking about doing
something like HDR scanning, merging the resulting files using CS3 - but
I don't know if this makes any sense.

TIA

Fernando.