[OM] Re: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?

Subject: [OM] Re: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:13:21 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Thanks a lot, C.H. - I will search the free version of Neat Image and give it
> a try. A few minutes ago I used Filter >Noise>Reduce Noise in CS3 on a small
> .jpeg done with my 720 SW at a high ISO. Not a magic solution but improved a
> little bit.

The NR in CS3 is not even in the same category as the serious NR
applications, of which NeatImage is one. I recommend you simply ignore
CS3 NR, except perhaps for special blur effects, and get a real NR
solution. Like C.H., I use NeatImage, but I'm sure others are also
excellent.
> So, no way to improve dynamic range making different .tiff out of one same
> problematic slide .... pity :-(

Sorry, this isn't TV or the movies, no free lunch.
> Well, finally I decided to continue scanning at 16x just because I like to
> spend time and wait for the result :-)

Now we are into the TV territory of Monk, not CSI. I know a local doctor
who might be able to help you with that.  ;-)

Or is it a Zen thing?

Moose