[OM] Re: Festival Photography with an E-3, and Flickr questions

Subject: [OM] Re: Festival Photography with an E-3, and Flickr questions
From: Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:40:24 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Someone gave me a freebie Flickr Pro account (for a
> year, anyway).  I
> decided to put the pictures from a festival I
> recently went to in it.
> It seems rather slow.  Does it generate the other
> picture sizes on the
> fly from the largest?  Does the slideshow download
> the largest size to
> your browser and let the flash player scale it for
> viewing?  If either
> of these is true, then I'll probably stop using it.

No it does not generate larger sizes unless you give
rights for viewer to view "all sizes", in which you
they can see anything from thumbnail to largest (the
largest size that you uploaded). You can also secure
"all sizes" to friends and family only.

I am not sure what the slideshow produces. I doubt
that it produces the largest size. If you are worried
about ppl stealing your photos, take them out of
public search. I have done that and it makes a
difference.