[OM] A wee bit busy

Subject: [OM] A wee bit busy
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:53:51 -0700 (PDT)
I've been a wee bit busy this week. As some of you know, my "day job" is
pretending to be an engineer for a telephone company.  One of our buildings was
flooded with 30 inches of water.  Yes, that is fatal to a telephone switchroom.
 Only ONE device (and it is a MAJOR piece of infrastructure) remained
operational and somehow the batteries kept it powered even though they were
submerged.  The water was rising so fast that the techs onsite were able to do
a memory dump onto disk of the switch, stuff it in a pocket and escape by
rescue boat.

http://zone-10.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=8231

So, if I seem quieter than normal...

Oh, and more rains are coming.  Please note, our very own Joel Wilcox is also
suffering -- his house was flooded in 1993 and the river levels there are
expected to go even higher this time.

AG