[OM] Re: NI - was: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?

Subject: [OM] Re: NI - was: minimizing scan noise - was: How I did this?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:00:26 -0700
C.H.Ling wrote:

> I have never think about use layer/mask for NR, I only use this technique to
> balance the exposure for different part of the image, good suggestion!

Thanks. The Masked Moose (Dr. Mask?) uses masks for everything,
including sharpening, Shadow/Highlight and LCE. After I downsize images
for the web, most get a dose of sharpening at that size. I generally
oversharpen, adjust opacity to get sharpening where I want it highest,
then mask if it needs adjusting down in other areas.

Moose