[OM] Re: OT PayPal now required for selling on that auction site?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT PayPal now required for selling on that auction site?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:40:35 -0400
Indeed that particular policy is bit irritating as it doesn't offer choice,
something that is sorely lacking on eBay.

There is good news from PayPal for international buyers this week. A policy
change announced very quietly included a requirement that sellers who offer
PayPal and also offer international shipping are now have to accept PayPal
if a buyer wishes to use it. So the auction clauses saying no international
PayPal are now invalidated. On the plus side for regular sellers is it is
now possible for them to be covered from fraud with the extended seller
protection policy. It does require the seller to be ranked as a Power Seller
and they are only covered if they can prove delivery in the event of a
claim. Thankfully the USPS rates for Express Mail are reasonable for most
packages and I have had many good transactions that way myself.

Dan S.