[OM] Re: New Assessment of M8 by a Pro

Subject: [OM] Re: New Assessment of M8 by a Pro
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:20:59 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I suspect that the best possible unobtrusive difficult situation camera might
> be a black Contax G2 Digital with a good, full frame high ISO sensor.

What makes it likely that the sensor system would be any better than
what Leica put together? Pray for C or N to undertake the project? D3
rangefinder?

Remember that correspondent who used Oly c-x0x0 cameras. He took along
several and just threw away the ones that broke.

How about a box of Canon G9s &/or A650s. Same sensor system. The G9 is
already black and may be more rugged. But the A650 has the flip and
twist LCD for stealth work. Both have optical finders, crappy, but
there. The IS can't hurt, either. I wonder how it absorbs HumVee vibration?

Not great above ISO 200 for quality work, but 800 should be fine for
most work in tough circumstances. Almost fast f2.8 at the wide end.

Paint some A650s black. Put a .45x SWA adapter lens on a G9, set to
manual focus at hyperfocal distance and use it for close in grab shots.

Moose