[OM] Laguna Garzón & Piazza del Popol o

Subject: [OM] Laguna Garzón & Piazza del Popol o
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:48:35 -0300
Thought I should show my final versions of these, specially to Chuck and
to Moose.

Kitesurfers at Laguna Garzón: took me a while but this is as close as I
could get to the original Provia. Greens are little saturated, and if
you look closely there can be seen the surfers' bodies -two of them- far
away below the horizon. There is a little light falloff in the sky which
is not present at the Provia, where the sky is blown out while retaining
the kites detail, but I wanted to put some light blue. Also, could not
get the exact gray - brown the fence wood has.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/2585313407/sizes/o/

Piazza del Popolo at Dusk: This was done from a different frame than the
previous one. It closely resembles the Ektachrome original, but I played
a little  with LCE, USM and saturation. I felt happy to rescue all the
detail buried in the shadows of the Ektachrome, and found little people
walking around near either Cathedrals - very funny. Sorry Chuck, I
didn't correct perspective distortion because I didn't want to crop the
Egyptian obelisk - when made the photograph this was the only place I
could put the tiny travel tripod and get the image I wanted to with the
equipment I had.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/2576172953/sizes/o/

Thanks both of you for your advice and opinions, and the time you took
for making different versions. Now I know a mask is not a layer, and
tomorrow I will study something about masks, when I finish my working day.

Fernando.