[OM] Re: How high's the water, was: Re: E3 Firmware Update

Subject: [OM] Re: How high's the water, was: Re: E3 Firmware Update
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 01:34:27 -0400
AG Schnozz wrote:
> Global warming causing this?  Possible, but highly unlikely.  These floods
> occured because the jetstream didn't behave as it typically does every other
> year.
Yes, that's the immediate reason. There's more of a global subject here
where an overall amount of these situations just coincidentally not
behaving as typically as it does.

> But if you want to blame it on Bush, go ahead.
Didn't blame the flood on Bush. What I actually said was specifically
that it is not whether what could have been done in the past eight years
would have had any effect. As far as Bush goes, he just spearpoints the
easy assumptions that the occurance  of more and more global weather
catastrophes can just be coincidences, and mostly politics. There are
better ways than defending the current president's ignorance to get
another republican into the presidency to make SURE there's no universal
healthcare, or to make sure Warren Buffett stays flabbergasted that his
taxes are lower than his maid's. If you're against universal healthcare,
and are one whose job doesn't throw full healthcare insurance at you, or
you can't afford the nonsensical premiums - let me know what you think
of universal healthcare when you need a doctor, and none of them want
you. At least some countries know that it has nothing to do with making
the right choices in life.
> I just can't figure out how somebody that stupid could figure out how to
> alter the weather patterns and cause hurricanes, tornados and floods.

Of course, he could spend his presidency helping perpetuate the
ignorance that it is mostly politics. He obviously can't have any other
effect, but as far as the presidency goes its bad enough, and just one
more sickening thing about him. If you're not struggling, and everything
just sort of fell in to place for you, and you fully believe it was all
due to your "hard" work, and the choices you made, and everyone else
could have just done the same,  then you'll probably just not get any of
this.