[OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:11:01 -0500
>How about long-term blowhard who talks the talk but doesn't walk the
>walk? Heard on the news the other day the energy consumption at his
>palace in Tennessee went up 10 percent last year. Used something like
>215,000 kilowatt hours. Just one of those little ironies you say we
>murkins don't understand? <wink>

 Well, there is a little more to the story than that, but it is ironic that
our current C in C has a home that borders on hyper-green.

My issue with the Global Warming argument is that we have a set of knowns:

1. Carbon-Dioxide emittions CAN cause the conditions that contribute to
global warming.
2. The earth is gradually warming
3. We have a historical record of CO2 in the air
4. We have a historical record of global temeratures
5. The increase of global temperatures appears to PROCEED the increase in
CO2.

Let us stew on point #5 for a minute..

The problem we have is that we've made #1 and #2 the basis for the religion
of global warming. Yet, we have no scientific proof that the two are
actually linked.  We have theories which are confirmed by the natural
record, yet there are other datas that contradict those same theories.

Is 'cleaning up our act' a good thing?  ABSOLUTELY!  Is it necessary to
prevent what may be a thousand or million-year trend?  No.  The earth is
bigger than we are.  We can make it inhabitable for ourselves or some other
living creatures, but the very theory of evolution is based on these
variances and trends outside the current norm.  According to the historical
record, the only guarantee we have about the future of our planet is that it
will look different than it does now.

And you know what?  A hundred years from now, the 8 years of Reagan and the
8 years of Bush won't mean anything.  Now will the 8 years of Clinton or the
8 years of Obama.

AG