[OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the water/presidential rant

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the water/presidential rant
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:03:01 -0700
The November 2005 quote with context from the man who swore on a
Bible  to defend the Constitution is:

"GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more
onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives
still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White
House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the
Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case
that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s
just a goddamned piece of paper!”

I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they
all confirm that the President of the United States called the
Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.”

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA

I am out of here for a while.