[OM] Re: E3 Wireless RC Flash Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 Wireless RC Flash Question
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 17:37:51 -0400
The E-3's built-in flash transmits data optically to remotely control
the flash.
Did you notice if the built-in flash affected the exposure?

Remote wireless flash.
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E420/E420FLASH.HTM

"The central idea behind all of these wireless flash systems is to use
very rapid pulses of the flash tube to convey digital data between the
camera and the various flash units. All of which happens in a
surprisingly short period of time, well under a second. The sequence
begins with camera's flash sending out a series of pulses to wake up the
remote units, tell them what exposure mode they'll be operating in and
configure them for the upcoming exposure. It then triggers a pre-flash
from all the remote units, measuring the light coming back from each
group (there can be as many flashes as you like, configured in up to
three control groups). The camera's CPU performs some exposure
calculations, then uses its own flash head to transmit power-level
commands back to each flash group. Finally, a last pulse from the
camera's head triggers all the remotes to fire at their assigned power
levels."

I hope this helps.

Dick