[OM] Re: E3 Wireless RC Flash Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 Wireless RC Flash Question
From: "James Howe" <jhoweaa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 18:42:37 -0400
I just did some simple test shots.  I took some pictures of a mirror.  My
expectation would be that I wouldn't see the on camera flash, only the flash
from the remote.  Instead I saw two light from both.  I took another shot
where I pointed my camera at a subject and pointed the remote flash in a
different direction.  I got a distinct shadow on my subject, even though it
was only the on camera flash that was pointing at it.  I'll admit that I'm
new to using external flash and RC flash in particular, so maybe I'm still
misunderstanding something, but it seems that I shouldn't be seeing light on
my subject from the main flash.  I wish I had a FL-36R or FL-50R to play
with to see what kind of behavior it has.  I've been pleased with the Metz
so far, and if this feature doesn't fully work it won't be a major loss, but
I'd like to know if what I'm seeing represents a bug with the Metz unit, the
E-3 or with the photographer.
Thanks!

--
James Howe