[OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:22:03 -0700
> From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> How about long-term blowhard who talks the talk but doesn't walk the
> walk? Heard on the news the other day the energy consumption at his
> palace in Tennessee went up 10 percent last year. Used something like
> 215,000 kilowatt hours. Just one of those little ironies you say we
> murkins don't understand?

Well, if you'd listen to "news" other than what Hannity and Limbaugh
feed you, you'd know that his "palace" is an office complex that
employs some 40 people, and that they all use low-energy computers and
implement energy-saving policies. I'm sure you use more than 5kWh a
month.

Lesson for us all: numbers are meaningless out-of-context. And people
will use numbers out-of-context to serve their agenda. All you who
claim global warming is bunk should understand that, since that's what
you're constantly claiming the global-warmers are doing! :-)

:::: It gives me pause to learn that our vice president and some
members of the Senate are aligned with al Qaeda on spreading the war
to Iran. -- Lt. General (ret.) William E. Odom, testifying before the
Senate Foreign Relations Committee. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org ::::