[OM] A sort of test of the E-420 with pancake

Subject: [OM] A sort of test of the E-420 with pancake
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:39:20 +0200
One of the first images I have shot with this new combination.
Unfortunately I had to use Olympus Master to convert to TIFF, so I
cannot really tell if the image quality is on par with the E3. I hate
having to use a stand-alone RAW converter, and especially as bad as
the Olympus Master, so I hope Adobe fixes this problem soon by
updating Camera RAW.

Nathan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 21 juni 2008 9:36:59 GMT+02:00
> To: Picture a Day discussion group <pad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Nathan's PAD 18th June: mother and child
>
> While on the ferry from England to France on Thursday afternoon, I
> was testing my newly acquired Olympus E-420 with the 2.8/25mm
> pancake lens. This is intended to be my "travelling ultra light"
> kit. I test lenses by taking pictures, no photographing newspapers
> on the wall and the like. Here is a pretty attractive scene:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#316912721_TzHpA-A-LB
>
> I do not usually post technical info, but in this case it may be
> relevant. Since Adobe Camera Raw does not yet support the E-420, I
> was forced to convert the image to TIFF using the stupid Olympus
> Master software that came with the camera and then import it into
> Lightroom to proceed as usual. This means that I have little basis
> for comparing image quality to my E3, since the RAW files generated
> by the latter open directly in Lightroom. I hope that Adobe fixes
> this problem ASAP, preferably next week :-)
>
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain
> http://www.frozenlight.eu