[OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant

Subject: [OM] Re: [way OT] Re: How high's the ... rant
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:14:27 +1000
What I should have pointed out to Chris is that Australia is
seriously multilingual - on any given day I'll hear Polish, Mandarin
and Japanese spoken, and that's just in my 10 person staff room (so
long as Marjena rings her mum as usual, to discuss The Bold and The
Beautiful, in Polish). Spanish? - we have numbers of Chileans and
some Central Americans - and a Bolivian or two somewhere.
At my last school we did a survey and came up with a Heinz of 57
distinct ethnicities but only if we included the Scots as a separate
group (they rejected my demand for Lancastrian sovereignty).
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx