[OM] (OT) Ahem, well . . . sigh

Subject: [OM] (OT) Ahem, well . . . sigh
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 06:30:14 -0400
Thanks to Marc for a voice of sanity, both in public and private posts.

It seems the list won't let me unsubscribe, so there must be
unfinished business.

Fact is, I did a quick run around to available sources to see what I
could find out about Mr. Gore and his energy consumption. (None
included Limbaugh, Hannity or Drudge.) More like ABC and CBS and
such. Based on what I found, he's not as bad as I thought, but not as
good as others claim. As usual, the truth appears to reside somewhere
in the middle.

But that's beside the point. The point is that I let anger get in the
way of myself to a degree that quite honestly embarrasses the hell
out of me. The fact that I'm going through an extremely hard time is
no excuse. Really. I'm not just saying that. It's no excuse. Rather,
the hard time seems to be a catalyst through which I am finally able
to get a long, hard look at the residue of pure, undiluted anger that
dwells inside me, and has for most of my life.

But then that now falls in the "personal" category, and I won't bore
you. The purpose here is to again apologize for my intemperate,
insulting comments posted publicly on the list. They served no useful
purpose, were meant to be spiteful, and, as I said, in the light of
day embarrass the hell out of me. I can't promise it won't happen
again, but I don't think it will, at least not for a long time.

As penance, I shall vote for Mr. Obama in the upcoming election. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com