[OM] Re: (OT) Ahem, well . . . sigh

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) Ahem, well . . . sigh
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 06:54:37 +1000
I know a couple of politicians at State level - an ex-colleague and
an ex-student. I'm only really disappointed that they're on the wrong
side (and that the lad didn't go to University and get his very 'dry'
views mellowed out a bit). I've also met many and have a fair idea of
the size of the rock that they're pushing uphill - it's a constant
process of trading off several of your preferences to get at least
one through, a very dispiriting process.
I don't think that I've yet met one that wasn't working his/her arse
off, (although they do exist of course) for remarkably little
remuneration compared to what someone of their ability can't demand
in the corporate sector. No wonder that we regard them with suspicion
- we can't work out why anyone would do it.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx