[OM] Re: A picture that only an E3 or E330 could have taken ?

Subject: [OM] Re: A picture that only an E3 or E330 could have taken ?
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:37:26 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for sharing, Ian.

I too sometimes get frustrated when trying to explain why flip-out, rotating,
live-view rotating LCD is an essential photographic tool.  I think it is a
stigma from the “old times”, when the LCD’s were slow and had low
resolution...Even on this list, if you dig far back enough, you will find peeps
thinking that LCD’s are unsuitable for picture composition, etc.   I don’t
remember the last time I looked through a viewfinder.

The other camera that can take this photo is Mynolta A200.  It has a flip-out
LCD that you can rotate 270 degrees, which allows you to even take a picture of
youself by looking at it.  It comes handy when the sun is behind you, when you
have to crawl, or feel too short ( I am five nine and something...:)  I dont
carry tripod anymore because the live view, LCD, AS and remote control combo
works for me.

BTW, I have couple of questions about DSLR’s and live view.  When you switch to
manual, can you do exposure adjustments, such as low/high key and see the
results?  And can you see the depth of field at the same time?  Can you move
the spot metering to any point on the screen?

Boris