[OM] Re: Bounce Grip and the T32

Subject: [OM] Re: Bounce Grip and the T32
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:21:07 -0700 (PDT)
The BG2 very roughly halves the recycle time, **if the T32 and BG2 both have
batteries in them**.
Otherwise recharge times are not much improved.  However, the BG2 provides a
much more consistent
recharge time and voltage (flash output), as the batteries are discharged
(particularly cf
Alkaline). This is because the BG2 has an output voltage feedback loop
regulator, which the T32
does not have.

The T45 does not have FP sync, but does put out 140Joules (about the same as a
base level quantum
QFlash with its external turbo inverter box), and T45 has 5 independent
inverters with a set of 4
cells for each inverter. The stored energy in the T45 battery pack is about
double that of a
Quantum QFlash when used with its turboZ pack. So a T45 should give very
roughly twice as many
flashes as a Qflash. If you recelled a T45 with Eneloops and added a 5 channel
NiMH charger (a lot
of work ) , it would then produce a really impressive ,4 times more flashes
than that of a
TurboZ/Qflash combo.

I prefer an inexpensive Metz T60 series, because output is 200J, and the *on
camera* flash head
itself is actually lighter than a T45 ,QFlash or even a T32.

Tim Hughes