[OM] Re: OM-2 variants

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2 variants
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:06:34 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, AG Schnozz wrote:

> I am of the opinion that there is something different between the OM-2MD
> and OM-2n which makes the 2n slightly better feeling in the hand.  Could
> be something as tiny as a single shaft being changed to/from plastic. But
> honestly, I could swear that there is a difference.

There are some minor external cosmect differences which may make them
feel different:

- the OM-2n (and OM-1n) has a more rounded film advance lever
- the OM-2n has a rounded film rewind release knob

Internally there are also some minor mechanical changes which may cause a
slight change to the feel of the controls.  Those changes would be very
difficult to detect though.  The rounded film advance lever is probably the
most significant change.
                                        -mark