[OM] I'm not ready shooting with my OM either...was Re: Re: T45 Flamethr

Subject: [OM] I'm not ready shooting with my OM either...was Re: Re: T45 Flamethrowers
From: Johan Malmström <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:40:45 +0200
Cc: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

26 jun 2008 kl. 20.12 skrev Ken Norton:

> In the current version of Luminous-Landscape, there is an essay on
> camera
> collecting with a twist.  First of all, I find it ironic that people
> are
> collectors of things which I have been using in front-line action!
> Remember
> the days when on this list the attitude of "he who has the most OMs
> wins"?
> It was fun, and really not too expensive.  You could build up a
> mammoth
> collection of gear for the price of just the E-3 with 12-60 zoom
> lens!!!
> Digital has changed people's interests as well as the collecting.
> Other than
> Bill Barber (NSURIT), there isn't much OM Kit Expansion going on
> anywhere.
> Especially since Tom Scales got caught.  :)  My kit is very lean
> compared
> to, well, compared to almost anybody.  I can't think of anything I
> own that
> hasn't been used at least once in the past two months--and I have a
> few
> wierd items.

I may not be as good with words as our friend AG, so I could write "I
agree" but I'll try to put my words in to it.
I bougt my E-1 in april 2005, I went, or rather stayed at, Olympus for
my dSLR. Important to me was  OM-adapter and what's looked as a great
start of a new system. And I hoped there would be some OM-feeling to
it. The OM-adapter is great and I think the E-system seems to be a
great system. But, no OM-feeling.

OM-feeling for me is for instance, getting a body, three good primes
and a some rolls of film and the package is still small. The bright
viewfinder of my 4Ti (with a 2-series screen). A silver 2N or 1N with
a SN 35mm/2.8 and the metal hood is just mindblowing cool. The total
balance when using the 35-70/3.6 on the 4Ti, as with the 180/2.8. I
carry those kit in the lens, don't know if it will harm them, but it's
feels good.

When I went to Alaska some weeks ago my kit was 2N, 24/2.8, 50/1.8 and
135/3.5 and Reala 100. It's just fun to use them. So when I want to
make photos, I want to have fun. Laying down in the grass looking on
the small world through some of the macros. Sure I could get a DZ50mm/
2 Macro, but well, I bought a 80/4, 135/4.5, the auto tube and bellows
for more or less the same price.

Ken, my T45 is broken, something with the flash "bulbs", it's probably
fixable, as it shares those with the T32. The charger and the NiCd is
in working condition. I used the T45 for some time, before it broke,
and it was really nice. If you think it's worth fixing the T45, send
me an email and we could surely work some thing out. My charger is of
course the 250V model.

So may be we should have one of those listing again, did any body keep
the result of the last one?
I may start with my OM-bodies: 1 champ OM-4Ti, 1 black OM-4, 4 silver
OM-2/2N, 4 silver OM-1/1N

/ Johan