[OM] Re: which OM to 4/3 adapter???

Subject: [OM] Re: which OM to 4/3 adapter???
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:42:12 +0100
Scott has already answered as well as I could have done on the adapter,
Mike.

As far as the IS goes, 135mm is 135mm, set the E-510 to the actual focal
length of the lens.

And as regards the focus confirmation chip, I wouldn't bother, prtly because
of the new firmware, as you say, and also because there is no way to tell
which AF point is in focus!  Sure, you could inspect the viewfinder image -
but if you can do that, you can focus manually anyway, a whole lot quicker!
Also keep in mind that both flavours of chip (Russian and Chinese) take up
space in the lens throat, and lenses with projections into the lens throat -
either glass, or horns to protect the rear element - may be unusable.

--
Piers