[OM] Re: More little trains, soggy Welsh valleys & seaside.

Subject: [OM] Re: More little trains, soggy Welsh valleys & seaside.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:19:28 +1000
Yup - Bayer Peacock, Manchester. Here's the ID plate -
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/81792331
I'm often amused by these titchy narrow gauge toys you all get so
excited about. The local railway has one of those - they use it for
Thomas style promotion but don't take it too seriously.
These are the 'standard' engines - they have four. I think that
they're an 0-6-0 saddle tank. Very cute.
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/99309266
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/99309267
Then there's the big Bayer Peacock Garrett articulated but my
favorite is the wood burner, 'Climax', an old sugar cane train engine
with amazing gearing as it was designed to pull a very long train
slowly. When it goes past at a more normal speed there are drive rods
flailing around like crazy. They don't take it out too often as it
costs a fortune in seasoned red gum firewood to run it. Haven't got a
good shot of it yet.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx