[OM] Re: More little trains, soggy Welsh valleys & seaside.

Subject: [OM] Re: More little trains, soggy Welsh valleys & seaside.
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 14:13:46 +0100
Mmm, close.  But in the absence of errant apostrophes, I feel I must point
out that "BEyer Peacock" built "GarrAtt" and (later) "Beyer-GarrAtt"
locomotives!

A small portion of their works remains, 40 years after the firm closed - you
can just see the roof of the boiler shops at the corner of Froxmer Street
and Gorton Lane on this aerial photo: http://tinyurl.com/56tks4  (The whole
site stretched to Preston Street).  Note the nearby street names - Peacock
Place and Garratt Way.

Do you remember much?  I can remember visiting the nearby Belle Vue Zoo in
about 1960.

--
Piers