[OM] Re: wife (was number of cameras)

Subject: [OM] Re: wife (was number of cameras)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 10:13:14 -0700
> From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Chris Crawford wrote:
>> it is against the law
>> for a man to be poor in the US, not just because of the child
>> support issue,
>> yet half the jobs here pay $8 an hour or less).
> Watch those comments, as the unexpressed reaction to that is those men
> that are poor simply made the wrong decisions in life, or just didn't
> work hard enough. Simply working harder, and choosing correctly can
> allow you to casually spend substantial thousands of dollars taking
> the
> family on a safari in africa for weeks & weeks.

Watch those comments, as my explicitly expressed reaction to that is
that money is over-rated and over-used, and that things are in the
process of changing radically. Your success in the future may be
directly related to how well you've adapted your life-style to getting
along with as little money as possible. Grow your own food. Make your
own energy.

Of course, if you are wedded to a suburban or urban life-style, that
can be a challenge.

:::: The ideal tyranny is that which is ignorantly self-administered
by its victims. The most perfect slaves are, therefore, those which
blissfully and unawaredly enslave themselves. -- Dresden James ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::