[OM] Re: (Wildly OT) Electric heaters

Subject: [OM] Re: (Wildly OT) Electric heaters
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:42:17 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I haven't yet found a Philosophical position with slimming powers and
> believe me, I've been looking

Unfortunately it's fictional, and sometime I think Terry Pratchett uses
too broad a brush to paint the details, but...

"His philosophy was a mixture of three famous schools -- the Cynics, the
Stoics and the Epicureans -- and summed up all three of them in his
famous phrase, "You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw
him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink.""
(Dydactylos, the philosopher, via Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz