[OM] Re: OT: F31fd Replacement

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: F31fd Replacement
From: <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:16:30 -0400
Cc: Rob Harrison <robhar54@xxxxxxxxx>
Rob,

I have the LX-2, and I'm pleased. Yes, the files are noisy, but certainly no
more so than my F30, which I found to have very objectionable noise. The LX3
has a shorter lens (24- 60 or so, too short on the long end for me) while the
LX2 is 28-112, a good general use range.

The handling is excellent. My only complaint is that I need to use SilkyPix for
raw conversion. SilkyPix is hard to use, as the naming of the functions was
done by a non-native english speaker with a sense of whimsy. I have gone to
converting the raw files to .dng's.

Bill Pearce