[OM] Re: Snapshot with Rolleiflex TLR

Subject: [OM] Re: Snapshot with Rolleiflex TLR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:11:17 -0700
Michael Wong wrote:
> Fujichrome Velvia 100, Canon 8800F
>
> There is a bit red upon scanning ................ I tried to apply IT8 ICC
> file in Vuescan but the color will be strange.
The formula and/or film base for 120 Velvia may be different than 35mm,
which would mean you need to create a new ICC profile for it.

Also, if you are trying to use a profile done on another scanner, you
need to profile on the 8800. Unless you separately profile the scanner
with a film IT8 target - before profiling film, the 'fi;m' profile is
really for the combination of scanner and film.
> Finally I called built-in ICC file for scanning.
>
> http://www.michaelphotography.net/Lei_Yue_Mun/index.html

The tonal distribution is way off, to my eye. Looks like you may have an
option on the Color Tab set wrong. Also, they aren't sharp looking. All
digital source images need sharpening, but that goes double or triple
for flatbed scans compared to film scanner output.

Here are a couple of alternate views.

http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/MWong/LeiYueMun1.htm
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/MWong/LeiYueMun2.htm

Moose