[OM] Re: It Is In The Brewing Luminous (to Cecil Taylor) was: Re: Almost

Subject: [OM] Re: It Is In The Brewing Luminous (to Cecil Taylor) was: Re: Almost on topic images
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 13:12:26 -0700
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Here is how I discovered the liminal space of fog/sun boundaries using a
> telephoto.
>
> Not quite the fog you find in California. Done in winter (June 2003) at
> sunrise, looking from Punta Carretas towards the Cerro de Montevideo, at the
> entrance of the harbor. The ship is just about to disappear into the
> harbor.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/2736857707/sizes/o/
>
> Zuiko 200mm/4 @ 11 doubled by 2X-A, bean bag, Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode,
> Provia 100F, perceptual intent conversion to sRGB, NeatImage filter.
>
> As always, comments are welcome.

Nice subject and composition. Could it really be that color? I've never
seen such a color of cloud/fog. I would expect cloud seen from the
direction of a low sun to be either neutral gray or slightly warm.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/FGonzalezG/LimShip.htm>

Version B simply sets the open cloud area to neutral gray.
Version A backs that off to retain a bit of blue in the water.

Moose