[OM] Re: It Is In The Brewing Luminous (to Cecil Taylor) was: Re: Almost

Subject: [OM] Re: It Is In The Brewing Luminous (to Cecil Taylor) was: Re: Almost on topic images
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 23:39:57 -0300
Hola Moose, everyone:

Ha! - you bet !.

Monitor re-calibrated, cold light source and loupe on the Provia. Now it
is as accurate as I can make it, regarding color.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/2744956403/sizes/o/

First version done at daylight, think this was main perceptive
distortion when judging the amount of blue. Made this second version
using color balance +20 Red, +20 Yellow IIRC.

Still concerned about my off-list situation. As you see I got your reply
from the list, but my own tests don't come back. Please forward this one.

Fernando.

Moose wrote:
> Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
>
>> Here is how I discovered the liminal space of fog/sun boundaries using a
>> telephoto.
>>
>> Not quite the fog you find in California. Done in winter (June 2003) at
>> sunrise, looking from Punta Carretas towards the Cerro de Montevideo, at the
>> entrance of the harbor. The ship is just about to disappear into the
>> harbor.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/2736857707/sizes/o/
>>
>> Zuiko 200mm/4 @ 11 doubled by 2X-A, bean bag, Olympus OM 2n on Auto mode,
>> Provia 100F, perceptual intent conversion to sRGB, NeatImage filter.
>>
>> As always, comments are welcome.
>>

> Nice subject and composition. Could it really be that color? I've never
> seen such a color of cloud/fog. I would expect cloud seen from the
> direction of a low sun to be either neutral gray or slightly warm.
> <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/FGonzalezG/LimShip.htm>
>
> Version B simply sets the open cloud area to neutral gray.
> Version A backs that off to retain a bit of blue in the water.
>
> Moose

> 09:02 a.m.

09:02 a.m.