[OM] Re: Urban Legend Heard at Wallyworld

Subject: [OM] Re: Urban Legend Heard at Wallyworld
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:03:34 -0500
Willie Wonka wrote:
> So, whats the story...?  I am thinking that there are several
> plausible explanations and all of them have sompin to do with
> processing within the machine.  First comes to mind size and second
> noise in crappy digicams, third-sharpening and noise.
>
> I have no idea how this urban legend was started...it is an urban
> legend, right?

Unless it's something to do with the data path in their machine, the
file on the nerd chip is identical to the file on the flash drive.  Bits
is bits.

So, it's most likely the clerk spouting some rumour she read on the
internet or heard from some "knowledgeable" customer, and taking the
opportunity to show you what an authority she is.