[OM] GMail (OT) (was: Garden Spider)

Subject: [OM] GMail (OT) (was: Garden Spider)
From: "montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 09:33:35 +1000
Moose wrote:
> Hmmmm. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I use
 > gmail as my outgoing mail server. It might be saving me from
 > receiving messages from myself?

The last time I looked (a couple of years ago, maybe?) this particular
idiosyncrasy that occurs using gmail (that is, not receiving your own
listmail posts back from the list) was being filed by Google in the
"It's not a bug; it's a feature" category, with the addendum that they
"might have a look at it some time though". I'm paraphrasing, of course,
though I would suggest that, for the latter, Google is waiting on
independently verifiable evidence of the autonomous aerodynamic
abilities of pre-bacon.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz