[OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour - Yellowstone

Subject: [OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour - Yellowstone
From: "Warren Kato" <wkkato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 04:50:30 -0700
What about this itinerary?
On the way in Lamar Valley for bears and wolves (if you are lucky).
Then westward to Mammoth Hot Springs and perhaps a stay in Gardiner.
Go south through Norris Geyser Basin, Monument Geyser Basin, Lower
Geyser Basin, Grand Prismatic Spring, Upper Geyser Basin,
Black Sand Basin, and Old Faithful, of course.
Finally east to the West Thumb Basin and north to Yellowstone Falls.
This leaves you in the middle of the park but which exit are you taking?

As for where to stay, if you are traveling in the summer, it will be
difficult to get a hotel in West Yellowstone and we ended up staying
in Gardiner the whole time.

Here are some pics I took.  I used the 8mm a lot to get the pools.

http://www.120scan.us/i/YStone/album/index.html

Warren

PS. Have fun--one of the most beautiful areas of the world.