[OM] digital lenses and manual focusing

Subject: [OM] digital lenses and manual focusing
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:24:40 -0300

The precision focusing I experienced with my OM4T and M cameras has not been
carried forward to either of my E500 and E510 cameras.

The auto focus and manual focusing mechanisms just do not seem to measure up
when using the film cameras as a base against which to measure the results.

When these digital cameras have been used to photograph stationary objects,
landscapes and people who remain stationary during the photo taking stage
the results have generally been excellent.

What is really missed is the split image accuracy of both film cameras
together with the immediacy of the exposure having depressed the shutter
release button.

Is there any reasonable expectation that the manual split image focusing
experience of the OM4T and the Ms will emerge in subsequent releases of the
Olympus E series camera?

Also, when will the E cameras come out with a version that does away with
the part second delay between pressing the exposure button and "exposing the
film"? I've had a lot of disappointments caused by this delay.

All of which makes me reluctant to even think about giving up my film
cameras.

John Hudson