[OM] Re: digital lenses and manual focusing

Subject: [OM] Re: digital lenses and manual focusing
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:34:19 -0400
The F Series Nikons (all but the F6) had their screens in thick frames like
that too. The screen itself was relatively thin but it had a thick lens atop
it to direct the light rays inward to prevent edge darkening. I don't know
what the actual focusing screen is made from on those cameras. I suspect
that the F4 and F5 were certainly plastic, the earlier ones could be glass.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design