[OM] Re: iView =>MS Expression Media => Aperture

Subject: [OM] Re: iView =>MS Expression Media => Aperture
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:58:32 -0700
> From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>  I, too, use Aperture almost exclusively, Rob, but it doesn't
> catalogue your files for you; you have to import them.

Doesn't Aperture have a "hot folder" that it automatically catalogues?
I've not used it, but I'm pretty sure I saw it there somewhere. Or
perhaps it was a free plugin I installed and never used.

I'm playing with a slick new plugin, Maperture, which tags your images
with location when you feed it a GPS track log. Combine that with one
of these newfangled GPS USP dongles that run for a week or so on a
couple AAA cells... won't be long before GPS is built into cameras.

:::: To redirect technology so that it serves man instead of
destroying him requires primarily an effort of the imagination and an
abandonment of fear. -- EF Schumaker ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org::::