[OM] Re: Africa

Subject: [OM] Re: Africa
From: Gordon Ross <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 00:17:55 -0600
You are right twice Chris-- the girls were pretty and I need to detail
and shorten the pics- I just threw that up for now.

We started in Durban and rented that little Ford Ikon driving the
'Garden Route" to Cape Town so what you are seeing first is Indian
Ocean - hole in the wall,  Port Elizabeth, Jefferies Bay, Tsitsikams
Falls (zip-lining) Cape Agulas (whale watching) Cape of Good Hope
(lighthouse) Coffee Bay then Cape Town (table mtn,. townships etc).
Then we flew to Lusaka, Zambia - walked the city and then bussed to
Livingstone where we white water rafted the Zambesi - walked and
helicoptered Victoria Falls then bussed to Moen, Botswana where we
camped with the crocodile and rode dugout canoes through the swamp to
an island where we did walking safaris - then off ro Gabarone where we
did city stuff - then off to Kruger wher I got the lions stalking the
pregnant giraffe and the big event 7 lions running down 30 water
buffalo and saw the big five all in one day- my birthday!  We left
Kruger to Johannesburg and Pretoria then headed to Swaziland where we
toured a cultural village , were entertained and danced and then off
to Durban.  6 weeks of two days everywhere in backpackers and tents -
from fine dining to gruel north of the Kalahari- it was an amazing
adventure.  I have to post the white water rafting and ziplining shots
yet.

I must say that I like the format and useability of the 'mobileme'
website - its pretty good.

Gord