[OM] Re: engine sounds WAS Re: flickr alternative

Subject: [OM] Re: engine sounds WAS Re: flickr alternative
From: Rob Harrison <robhar54@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 11:02:12 -0700
Ah, but there are still the vintage boats. We're just over the hill
from the Hydro Pits (maybe 1/2 mile away as the crow flies), and
during Seafair the sound of the boats is clearly audible. I love it.

Of course, don't get me started on motorcycle engines.... That's why I
can't seem to stay away from Ducatis--the luscious sound of the
desmodromic valve train...yum. I've had four different bikes with the
L-twin motor. At Mid-Ohio in 2001 or so, the sound of an early 1970-
something Honda 750/4 (with four black straight megaphone mufflers)
brought tears to my eyes, as did the Norton Manxes warming up for the
singles race. Something about that raw, nasty brrrappp and then the
burble on over-run... My SR-500 with a BSA GoldStar muffler produced a
similar racket. Lovely.

Rob in Seattle