[OM] Re: iView =>MS Expression Media => Aperture

Subject: [OM] Re: iView =>MS Expression Media => Aperture
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:33:02 -0400
Yes, software (much open source stuff available) reads the track and
correlates coordinates with time stamps from the track and the EXIF.
But I was sorely disappointed to discover that my GPS (Garmin 350)
doesn't record tracks or, probably more correct, doesn't provide any
access to them.  Briefly looking over the Garmin line it appeared to me
that the units which provided tracks were those designed for hikers.
Units designed for automobile travel appear to be crippled in that
respect.  I sent a message to Garmin telling them that I'd be willing to
pay for a firmware update but they've ignored me so far.

Chuck Norcutt