[OM] Re: Saturday in Gladesville

Subject: [OM] Re: Saturday in Gladesville
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:26:19 -0700
Brent wrote:
> Took my new OM Zuiko 100mm / 2.8 out for a spin on Saturday - well, actually
> I took my daughter out for a walk and decided to take the new lens along...
> attached to my wife's Canon Digital Rebel XT.
>
> Hadn't used the lens before - or the camera combination.

Nice set of images. The clouds with sun shining through is a classic.
> *Really* like the lens.  Enjoyed the digital side of things too...  although
> the high ISO side of things wasn't too pretty.  Could  accelerate plans for
> my wife's upgrade to a 5D.

Not to keep anyone from a 5D, it's quite a wonderful camera. I'm very
happy I've had it.

Short of that, or until that, give NeatImage a try. It did wonders for
noise on the 300D that preceded my 5D.
> Anyway, they're here:
> http://gallery.me.com/brent_rutherford/100056

What a goofy gallery application. Of three horizontal images I checked,
it showed one at the original 1024x684, resized one to 1022x682 and the
other to 1021x681. All with large expanses of unused space available
around them. They pay people to write this crap?!

Moose