[OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour - Yellowstone

Subject: [OM] Re: Chuck's 'round-the-country tour - Yellowstone
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:44:11 -0700
Mike wrote:
>> Imagine going days without seeing much humanity except truck stops, dog
>> tracks, and chain fast food joints.
>>

> That's why we go. Except there aren't any truck stops, dog tracks or fast
> food joints. It is reassuring to know such places still exist in the world.

Nice evocations of the wide open spaces of the US West.
> <http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/E%20OR/Oct07/FtRock054.jpg>

Is this one of the polarized sky images you were asking about?

I played with it a bit. I found combination of a circular gradient,
white to transparent, and starting at or a bit below the bottom of the
image and the vignetting correction tool in PTLens to do a pretty good
job. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Mike/FtRock054.htm>

Figuring out what to use and how for the first two steps took a while,
including a false start. Reproducing the effect on other images, once
one knows how, shouldn't take long.

Yeah, I know; it isn't a one button solution. When you find that, please
let me know.

Moose