[OM] I'm ba-aaaak (with an E-510)

Subject: [OM] I'm ba-aaaak (with an E-510)
From: Peter Klein <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:10:14 -0700
Hey, folks!  I've been away from the list for a while, but just delurked
with a newly-acquired, lightly used E-510 around my neck. It's cribbed the
14-54 I got with my old E-1.

So, is anybody using Capture One v. 4 for E-xxx files? I use Capture One
for my Other Camera, so I already know it, and I like how it handled a few
E-1 files I redeveloped with it.  I'm particularly interested in noise
reduction and sharpening settings for initial RAW development at various
ISOs.

And if someone wants to convince me I really should be using something
else, I'm listening, unless you're a fan of Olympus Master.  I tried to use
it for a few files, but it is... painful. I remember the trial version of
Studio being slow, but this is ridiculous.  I mostly used Viewer with the
E-1, but I  haven't shot much with that in a while.

Here's a couple of shots from my first forays with the E-510:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P8122248HeartTransplant-w.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P8162288VicCrisBarMarqee-w.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P8162284AdaSays-w.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P8162282ArrowHandBW-w.jpg.html

My 135/3.5 and 100/2.8 OM Zuikos are eagerly waiting to try out the image
stabilization.

--Peter