[OM] Re: storage question

Subject: [OM] Re: storage question
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:05:06 -0400
Bill,

I have been a very happy user of the Epson P-3000 for over a year now. Epson
updated the firmware in January's so the P3k/5K now support E-3 & E-420 RAW
files (I would assume that E-520 are also supported but don't own that model
to confirm from first hand). The interface is easy to use in the field. I
get speedy transfers from my cards with instant review that the transfer
happened OK. There are options for AV output to TV's for on the road slide
shows/movie watching if that is your thing. I have found that the On-The-Go
USB support is spotty, at least one of my USB powered HDD's doesn't work
with it.

The P-3000 and P-5000 are basically identical apart from capacity, this
presumably true of their current replacement generation. It is pretty easy
to swap out the drive to expand the 3000, there are directions online which
I was able to follow easily. The max size the P3K/5K generation will hold is
120GB.

The current models will be updated with future RAW formats where as old
generations probably will not. This last point might be worth considering
depending on what models of body you have at the moment and when you plan on
upgrading.

Good luck, Dan S.