[OM] Re: New Windoze Mojave OS

Subject: [OM] Re: New Windoze Mojave OS
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:03:12 -0700
> From: "Scott  Peden" <scotpeden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> My troubles with Mojave wasn't the Jave, it was the Mo, it was the
> need to
> upgrade all my old programs and hardware, some of the hardware, by
> the time
> there was a fix for it, I had to get something different, and the
> newer
> stuff like scanners and printers, I didn't like as much as my old
> ones, and
> I'd be go to Cincinnati, if I was again going to by good stuff and
> have to
> lose it again should I have to get another lap top when the next OS
> comes
> out.

You sound like a switcher candidate when Snow Leopard comes out.

Apple has a relative freeze on new functionality, and is dedicating
their next release to quality and efficiency, to run faster in less
memory, and possibly even on older machines that currently do not
support Leopard.

You have to admit, that's a pretty incredible thing to announce in the
"rampant featuritis" world of software.

I think Jobs sees hard economic times ahead, and is willing to
sacrifice a future ~$1,000 sale -- a sale that might not happen if
it's a choice between gas, food, the mortgage, or a new computer --
for an almost certain sale of $125 of software that will make you feel
like you have a new computer. "A new computer on a disk." Hmmm... has
a marketing ring to it... :-)

BTW: my drum scanner is running on an eight-year old Mac, that still
does everything I need it to do, including Photoshop 7!

:::: Those right-wing, religious nuts have gone too far: in Texas, a
man can't even marry his widow's sister! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::