[OM] Re: [OT] Seriously who can afford one of these?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Seriously who can afford one of these?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:36:37 +0100
Andrew

The method, the rate and the period of depreciation are decided upon
by the depreciator.  There are conventions, but as long as the drop is
reasonable (and no one is being defrauded) the auditors, shareholders
and tax man will accept it.  As you suggest, amortisation could be
considered the completed depreciation of the asset, but the terms are
pretty well interchangeable, generally, with amortisation used
sometimes after the fact (and depreciation during ...).

I love using old Macs, but I'm not clever enough to use them as
servers etc ...

Chris