[OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:04:02 -0400
The only common problem that I know of is the tendency of some OM-4 cameras
to quickly drain batteries. The ones with the newer circuits do not do that.

Check to be sure the spot meter works properly...that it takes a reading
when you push the button. The contacts in the spot button can dirty and
cause it to not work. Also check the mode switch to see if it changes from
auto to manual properly when you move the switch (look at the displays in
the viewfinder to confirm that the modes are switching). The mode switch
contacts can also get dirty.

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design