[OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for tips when buying an OM-4
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 04:45:23 -0700
Moose wrote:
>Darin wrote:
>>
>> So any hoot, I 'm the proud new owner of a very nice OM-4!
>>
>Congratulations!

Thanks Moose!

>> 2. Since it seems to have the 4Ti circuit, should I be looking for the OM-4
>> manuals, or the 4Ti manual, Or perhaps both?
>>
>If you go for printed manuals, I would suggest the OM-4 manuals. Most of
>the material, including illustrations, is just the same. The OM-4 came
>with two manuals, A & B, which are bound with staples.
>
>Everything was put int0 one manual with for the 4T(i). The pages are
>smaller and the binding like a paperback book. I find the OM-4 manuals
>ergonomically easier to read.

I think I'll just go ahead and get both, I mainly want them to keep in my
camera bag for reference while I'm getting used to the added features of the
camera. Fortunately, another kind list member has offered to send me a copy of
the 4Ti manual.

>You can compare the contents and layout on the eSIF.
><http://olympus.dementia.org/eSIF/om-sif/bodygroup.htm>
>
>I suspect the only substantive difference is in the section about the
>F280, which your camera supports inside, but not outside. :-)

I don't have a F-280, so that won't be an issue anyway.

>Moose

Darin