[OM] Re: OT - One for our resident battery expert

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - One for our resident battery expert
From: Jim Loudon <listadr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:44:52 -0700 (PDT)

An R/C (radio control) aircraft hobbyist friend suggested a similar method.
He claimed it worked for him, but it was a little extreme for my taste.

A method I've personally used to successfully revive apparently dead battery
NiMH packs for my Newton (remember those?) involved freezing the batteries
overnight, followed by smacking them a couple times on a carpeted concrete
floor. Reference article here:

http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2006-04/0303.html

Correspondents report varying degrees of success with this method.

jim